Sunday, February 3, 2008

Good Bye Dori


I know I haven't updated anything for awhile.. and thanks to everyone for reminding me that I need too. I don' t have too much to update for the month of Jan..Except for our fish died. Here is how it happened.


After Josh and Vanessa's wedding over 2 years ago, Gordon took one of the fishes from their center pieces. He thought Hayleigh and Gordon would love to have a fish. I really didn't care at the time because I couldn't see it living more than a week. Well that fish never died. I honestly was feeding it once a week and still nothing. Well a little more than a year ago. I cleaned out the bowl and I forgot to feed the fish and it died. Hayleigh was having a hard time about the lost of Gordon at the time and I couldn't bring myself to tell her Dori died too. So I replaced it with out her knowing it.

This last week I was cleaning out the bowl over the sink and as I was pouring the fish back into the bowl it jump out into the sink. I tried to scoop it out and I missed and it fell into the garbage disposal. I didn't know what to do, so I called the woman that knows everything..My mom. She wanted me to put my hand in their and get it out. Well I couldn't do that. There was only one thing I could do. So I turned on the water...and turned on the disposal and walked far away. So to gross all of you out. The kids haven't noticed, since I have put the bowl on top of the fridge. So It may be the last of all of our dori.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You chopped up the fish? Poor little fish!! Why didn't you just turn on the water and let the fish swim its way down the pipes out into the sewer into the ocean? Hello didn't you pay attention during the one million times you have watched Finding Nemo??

Elise said...

Oh, Jamie. That is so sad. I am happy to finally see you posting again, though! Miss you guys.

Jen said...

no comment

Ginger said...

Jaime!!! That is disgustingly funny. What a predicament. :) Great story.

This Girl said...

I have to go with grasse on this one, that is disgustingly funny.

Brits said...

Awesome!