Today was Gordon's 31st Birthday! I asked Hayleigh what she thought we should do to celebrate Daddy's birthday. She always has good ideas. First she wanted to make him a princess cake. I had a long talk with her through out the week to make sure we were both on the same page that Daddy wouldn't be eating the cake, but he would love the thought. She kept saying "I know mom" But she really wanted to do it. Her and Grandma Peck made the cake and than She had this great idea to take the crown from her project she made and put it on top. So we truely had a princess cake.
She saw a commerical for the circus and that is what we decided to do and then we went to Gordon's favorite place to eat. Texas Road house. The kids got Balloon animals and loved it! Over all it was a good day. I wanted to do something fun and I think we accomplished that.
We are so truely thankful for our Daddy and to celebrate his life!
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You are the best mom! What a wonderful way to remember Gordon and get the kids involved too...
Jamie- that is to cute!!! Hayleigh is such a doll. I love it that she wanted to make the cake for badly. I am glad you guys did it!
Absolutely the cutest cake in the world. I know Gordon LOVED it! And I think Texas Roadkill - I mean Roadhouse needs to be a tradition. We all had so much fun.
Post a Comment