Friday, August 17, 2007

No More Binky

No More Binky! I have been trying to Figure out how to get rid of Gordon's binky. He only had it while it slept, I wanted to get rid of it when he turned 2, but than he broke his arm, and since it was my fault I couldn't take it away then. A couple of days ago, he kept getting it out of his room, so I told him if he didn't put it back I was going to cut it off. Which I have done this before. He said OK. So as I started to cut it I said are you sure. He said Yes. So I cut it off. He thought it was fun. But when he went to bed that night he figure it out. It was a bad night, but it is getting better. I think it was as hard for me as it was for him. Part of me wanted to go get the other one and let him have it. I don't want my baby to grow up.


4 comments:

This Girl said...

It's so hard to let them grow up. Ethan started preschool and potty trained all this last week. Needless to say the tissue box is empty!

Tara said...

He is so dang cute in this picture. I love it that he thought it was great fun cutting it up until he realized what that meant. Poor guy!!!

Kari said...

you are a great mom- I think it is harder for us than them. Why, oh why do they have to grow up?

Betsy said...

It is so hard sometimes isn't it?!? Too bad we can't use the same technique as your for Logan's thumb sucking and just cut it off. :)